China Semiconductor Industry Association (CSIA) was founded on November
17th, 1990, which is a nationwide non-profit social organization
established by IC and discrete device manufacturing, design, R&D,
package, testing and semiconductor equipment and material companies and
institutions. It is a body corporate authorized by Ministry of Civil
· In accordance with the
Constitution, Laws, regulations, and industry policies of China, serve
for member companies, for industry, and for government through carious
· Link up semiconductor enterprises with authorities
· Protect the rights and interests of member companies
and the whole industry, and promote China’s semiconductor industry
1. Carry out government-issued policy and regulation; provide
consultations and suggestions to government on industry policy covering
economy, technology and equipment.
2. Provide information consultation work; conduct investigation,
statistics, research and forecast on industry and market; provide member
companies and government timely information on market trend, industry
investigation, and etc; conduct policy-oriented, information-oriented
and market oriented work.
3. Conduct economic, technological, and academic exchange activities.
Organize seminars on new product and technology and international
exhibition with the aim of serving members to expand domestic and
4. Develop international exchange and cooperation. Develop the
relationship with foreign organizations, to promote industry development
and industry internationalization.
5. Assist government on drawing up (amending) industry standard,
national standard and recommending standard. Promote the standards’
6. Organize training programs for technology staff, administration staff
and technical workers.
7. Protect member’s legal rights and interests; oppose unfair
competition; protect intellectual property; drive and organize the
compiling of guild regulation; promote the establishment and perfection
of economic system.
8. Edit and publish professional print.
9. Carry out other projects assigned from governments.
1. Actively push the implementation of national IC industry policy.
Industry policy research
IC enterprise qualification certificating
2. Play the role as a bridge, set up information exchange platform.
Organize China International IC Exhibition & Summit
(IC China) every year
Organize China IC Market Conference China every year
Organize the Awards for innovated products and
technology of China’s semiconductor companies
Organize various seminars
Organize Training class
3. Participate in activities of World Semiconductor Council, extend
international cooperation and exchange.
As China’s investment environment turning more perfection and China’s
semiconductor industry growing more healthy, China has become an
investment hotspot in the whole world. In August of 2006, CSIA joined in
World Semiconductor Council, which will promote a more broad mutual
benefits’ cooperation between China’s domestic companies and foreign
4. Conduct information consultation and industry statistics
Conducting statistics and analysis industry data
Compiling A Report on Development Status of
Semiconductor Industry in China each year
Publish Directory of China Semiconductor Industry
Establish the authoritative website